Centerpoint’s Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services provide a full array of counseling supports for youth, young adults, parents, and families struggling with the broad range of social, emotional, mental health, and substance abuse concerns. Clients initially participate in an assessment and evaluation process, identifying their needs and abilities, resulting in recommendations for services and support, and providing assistance in accessing this support. These recommendations may include Centerpoint’s range of counseling and treatment services, such as:
- Outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse concerns
- Family counseling and parent support
- Group therapy
- Intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment programs and plans
- Gender-affirmative treatment services
- Art Therapy, limbic, and body-based treatment services
- Trauma-focused treatment and support
- School-based substance abuse and mental health services
- CHECKPOINT: screening, brief intervention services, and access to services and supports (SBIRT)
- Community wellness and recovery support
- Services for youth involved through juvenile justice and the legal system
- Counseling services for the college and transition-aged student
- Drug testing
- Services and supports for youth living within alcoholic or addicted families
- Prevention and early intervention programs
Centerpoint offers a talented staff of mental health professionals, trained in substance abuse treatment and skilled in working with adolescents and families.
Centerpoint staff assist clients in identifying and addressing treatment goals in the areas of:
- Emotional and behavioral well-being
- Decision making and problem solving
- Living a drug and alcohol-free life
- Healthy family functioning
- Establishing community-based supports
- Developing healthy social and recreational activities
- Preventing relapse with unhealthy behaviors or lifestyles
Centerpoint’s Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services receive referrals from families, schools, physicians, other service providers, residential treatment programs and hospitals, juvenile corrections and state social services, and from youth themselves. For more information, or to make a referral, please call 802-488-7711 or click on email@example.com.
Centerpoint’s Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services are highly regarded on a local, statewide, and national level. Centerpoint is a Principal in the Vermont Youth Treatment Enhancement Program.
For an online – and printable – copy of Centerpoint’s Participant Handbook, click here.
This handbook includes helpful information for teens, young adults, parents, caregivers, family members, and anyone interested in learning more about Centerpoint’s individual, family, and group counseling services and supports.