The true power and success of Centerpoint’s work lives in the qualities and qualifications of the people we employ. Centerpoint offers a variety of opportunities for creative professionals with a range of educational and clinical talents. Our positions include competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a dedicated staff team, on-going professional development, and dynamic work with great teens and families.
But what’s it like to work at Centerpoint?
The best answers to this question come from staff themselves. Centerpoint staff complete an annual survey, with opportunities to rate their job satisfaction and to make suggestions for program improvement. The final question on this survey is often the most telling, and the responses to this question reflect the organizational culture that we strive for:
“What do you most appreciate about your work at Centerpoint?”
- “The people I work with, both staff and students”
- “The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students”
- “how supportive, friendly and helpful the staff are (and the best supervisors ever)”
- “The people – there must be something special in the hiring process”
- “Working with the people I do and getting to work in such a flexible setting”
- “The flexibility to make it what you love”
- “The staff culture at Centerpoint – the people around me, the openness, the energy”
- “The staff, the freedom, the positivity – it’s just awesome that this place exists!”
- “The amazing staff, support, and positive attitude within and throughout the organization”
- “Working with these kids and families, and working with an awesome, incredible team of
- “the energy and helpfulness that all staff bring”
- “The fact that the mission statement is something that staff and leadership genuinely believe in and that there is thoughtful, dynamic, and relevant support to help staff improve and continue to grow”
Great programming, great services, and great supports – but above all else, it’s about great staff.
So what about me?
Our Current openings are listed below.
Take a look at these positions – should you be part of our team? If so, please send a letter highlighting your skills and talents, along with your resume/CV to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration and a reply.
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Clinician
Centerpoint’s SAMH Services is seeking a multi-talented, creative, and dynamic Clinician to join our team. Our new clinician will provide individual counseling, group facilitation, family therapy & support, and assessment services for adolescents, young adults, and their parents & caregivers struggling with a range of complex issues.
Eligible candidates for this position are Vermont licensed or license-tracked (Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, or Alcohol/Drug Counseling) and are highly skilled in working with youth and families. Our best candidates are committed to creativity and innovation in substance abuse and mental health treatment, excellent multidisciplinary collaborators, and whole health & wellness-oriented. Centerpoint strongly encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
To begin Summer 2018…
Centerpoint School is seeking a
School Social Worker
to provide individualized support and counseling, facilitate therapeutic groups, provide support to parents and families, and inform milieu-based treatment in our therapeutic, special education independent school serving students with a variety of mental health and educational needs.
Our Social Workers possess an MSW or Master’s Degree in a mental health field. Most importantly, our Social Workers have dynamic skills with high-needs teens, are excellent team collaborators and service coordinators, and are committed to clinical innovation and strength-based services.
To begin in June 2018…
Do you believe that a student can learn as much on a farm, in a kitchen, or in an auto garage as in a classroom?
Ever wish you could spend more time focusing on what matters for your students ?
Do you want to work where your colleagues are respectfully and joyfully in community with one another?
You might be a great fit for Centerpoint School.
Centerpoint School is a therapeutic, special education independent school for middle and high school aged students. We believe that all students can learn and we support them in this learning through interest-based academics, individualized and small group experience, and supportive relationships with caring adults.
Our ideal Counseling Teacher candidates have skills and experience in community-based experiential instruction, engaging strengths-based activities, and creative curriculum strategies. Centerpoint’s Counseling teachers come from a variety of dynamic backgrounds including outdoor education, psychology- or sociology-related fields of study, other youth-centered work, and education programs of all kinds.