Centerpoint’s specialized, therapeutic driver preparation & training is designed for young people with a range of complex needs, with a blend of services including:
- individualized, differentiated, and accommodated instructional methods as approved and licensed through the VT Department of Motor Vehicles
- therapeutic service and support to address a range of essential topics including:
1. decision-making and problem solving
2. communication skills
3. anger management and emotional regulation
4. conflict prevention, resolution, and restoration
5. stress reduction and coping skills
6. health, wellness, and goal planning
7. cultural and population-specific topics
8. (parent/caregiver) skills and supports for parenting your new driver
The Referral Process includes a Driver Education Application & Screening along with a Checkpoint® Health & Wellness Screening
Primary Services begin with:
- accommodated, differentiated classroom instruction
- Checkpoint® 3 Session Brief Intervention Program
and continue with:
- Behind-the-Wheel (BTW) accommodated, differentiated driving instruction and support (at least 6 hours), along with observation (minimum 6 hours) and continued classroom instruction (at least 30 hours
- Centerpoint’s individual and/or group-based services and supports (above, 1-8) as indicated1.
$960 student tuition covers:
- Driver Education Application & Screening,
- Checkpoint® Health & Wellness Screening
- Classroom, Observation, and Behind-the-Wheel Education and Training
These tuition costs may be paid through a contract or out of pocket.
If you have applied and been accepted to Centerpoint’s Driver Education and Training Program, and would like to pay electronically or with a credit card (through PayPal), CLICK HERE.
The fees for therapeutic services (above, 1-8) when clinically identified and indicated are often paid through Medicaid, other commercial insurances, or other non-tuition sources.
Centerpoint’s Therapeutic Supports, as clinically indicated, include individual, family, and group services. A range of parent and caregiver support services are also available
Note: Therapeutic Services and Supports may be accessed from other providers when indicated/preferred, however in these situations, the other provider must insure a sufficient ‘wraparound’ level-of-care as defined by effective communication, coordination, consultation, and with interrelated conditional implications for continued safety and program participation.
Additional Driver Education Support Services are available as required or desired, and include:
- Supported Driving Practice, if not otherwise available (DMV-required, 40 hours)
- Vehicle access/support for License Road Test
- additional tutoring
These services are billed at $94/hour.